After my first blog entry to the Magic: The Gathering Xbox Live game and with the new 2012 version I thought I could do it again and gather all ways to solve the challenges in the game for everyone to try them out and get the achievements for this.
Challenge: Rumble in the Jungle (vs. Garruk Wildspeaker)
Both you and Garruk have only 2 life. Using the few creatures you still have left, blunt Garruk’s final assault and defeat him.
This one is pretty easy:
- Garruk will attack you
- Block with ‘Runeclaw Bear’ and ‘Barony Vampire’
- You will know enter your Main Phase and got only 1 life left
- Play the Swamp (or just press Y to get into the Combat Phase)
- Attack with ‘Gloomhunter’
Congratulations you won your first Challenge and you got your ‘Magic: The Puzzling’ Achievement
Challenge: In the Spider’s Web (vs. Kiora Atua)
Kiora has 6 life while you only have 1. Negate Kiora’s lethal attack, then defeat her.
- Kiora will attack you with ‘Storm Crow’
- Block with your untapped ‘Furnace Whelp’
- You draw a Basic Land and play it
- Attack with both of your ‘Furnace Whelp’s
- Pause the game directly after Kiora blocked your ‘Furnace Whelp’ with her ‘Giant Spider’
- Activate the Ability of your other ‘Furnace Whelp’ and use all your Mana
more coming soon …